I am a qualified, experienced and accredited counsellor and psychotherapist. Counselling and psychotherapy are offered in person and online using secure video meeting software. I have consulting rooms at Rodney Street in central Liverpool and Ullet Road in south Liverpool.
My expertise lies in the areas of: social anxiety, low self-esteem, lack of confidence and compulsive lying.
I have worked as a counsellor and psychotherapist for 21 years. My experience includes working within the NHS, the voluntary sector and for the last 16 years in private practice. This has included a wide range of issues with clients from all walks of life, including different nationalities, ethnicities, religions and sexual orientations.
All the approaches I use are evidence-based. I primarily utilise Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT). This model provides clients with the tools to change the thoughts and behaviours that are maintaining their problems. I use Schema Therapy, which helps people change life-long self-defeating patterns. I draw on Compassion Focused Therapy, which helps people overcome self-criticism and shame based difficulties.
Working collaboratively with clients I help them identify their strengths and capacity for resilience.
I am a registered and accredited member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and a member of the British Psychological Society (BPS). I abide by their codes of ethics and am bound by their complaints procedures.
- BSc (Hons) Psychology (accredited by the British Psychological Society) – Birkbeck College, University of London
- MSc Counselling Psychology (accredited by the British Psychological Society) – City University, London
- Certificate in Humanistic Integrative Counselling (accredited by the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy) – CPPD Counselling School, London
- Certificate of Proficiency – the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)
Continuing Professional Development
I am committed to continuing professional development. Training courses I have attended include:
- Adapting CBT for Video Call
- Cognitive Therapy
- Compassion Focused Therapy
- Imagery Rescripting
- Incorporating Strengths to Build Resilience
- Intolerance of Uncertainty
- Low Self-Esteem
- Nutrition and Mental Health
- Schema Therapy
- Sexual Diversity
- Social Anxiety
Accredited member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP).
Registration with the BACP Register of Counsellors and Psychotherapists.
Membership of the British Psychological Society (BPS).