I am a qualified, experienced and accredited counsellor and psychotherapist. Counselling and psychotherapy are offered in-person and online using secure video software. My consulting room is on Rodney Street in central Liverpool.
I specialise in helping people overcome social anxiety and low self-esteem, and in helping people with ADHD to manage the challenges it brings, to become more confident, relaxed and self-accepting. My approach is empathic, genuine, honest, challenging and approachable.
I have worked as a counsellor and psychotherapist for 23 years. During this time, I have worked for the NHS, the voluntary sector, and for the last 18 years in private practice. This has included a wide range of issues with clients from all walks of life, including different nationalities, ethnicities, religions and sexual orientations.
My training in Counselling Psychology included all the major therapy approaches. All the methods I use are evidence-based. To this end, I incorporate tools to change the thoughts and behaviours that are keeping you stuck. I use Schema Therapy, which can help you change life-long self-defeating patterns. I draw on Compassion Focused Therapy, which can enable you to overcome self-criticism and shame. The way I work makes use of Positive Psychology and Solution-Focused Therapy. These approaches can help you to focus on your strengths and find solutions. I work collaboratively with clients to help them find their strengths and build resilience.
- Registered and accredited member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP).
- Registered on the BACP Register of Counsellors and Psychotherapists
- Member of the British Psychological Society (BPS).
- Professional Standards Authority (PSA) UK Registered Counsellor and Psychotherapist.
I follow the codes of ethics and am bound by the complaints procedures of these bodies.
- BSc (Hons) Psychology – Birkbeck College, University of London.
- MSc Counselling Psychology – City University, London.
- Certificate in Humanistic Integrative Counselling – CPPD Counselling School, London.
- Certificate of Proficiency – the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP).
Continuing Professional Development
I keep my skills up-to-date. For example, I have attended the following training courses:
- Adapting Therapy for Video Call
- ADHD: Considerations and Adaptations
- Adults with ADHD
- Autistic People
- Compassion Focused Therapy
- Dyslexic Clients
- Imagery Rescripting
- Incorporating Strengths to Build Resilience
- Increasing Inclusivity
- Intolerance of Uncertainty
- Low Self-Esteem
- Nutrition and Mental Health
- Overview of Cultural Differences and Culturally Adapted Assessment
- Schema Therapy
- Sexual Diversity
- Social Anxiety