I am a qualified, experienced and accredited counsellor and psychotherapist. Counselling and psychotherapy are offered in-person and online using secure video software. I have consulting rooms at Rodney Street in central Liverpool and Ullet Road in south Liverpool.
I specialise in helping people beat social anxiety, low self-esteem and low self-confidence. My approach is empathic, genuine, honest, challenging and approachable.
I have worked as a counsellor and psychotherapist for 21 years. During this time, I have worked for the NHS, the voluntary sector, and for the last 16 years in private practice. This has included a wide range of issues with clients from all walks of life, including different nationalities, ethnicities, religions and sexual orientations.
All the approaches I use are evidence-based. To this end, I primarily utilise Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT). CBT provides you with the tools to change the thoughts and behaviours that are keeping you stuck. I use Schema Therapy, which can help you change life-long self-defeating patterns. I draw on Compassion Focused Therapy, which can enable you to overcome self-criticism and shame. The way I work makes use of Positive Psychology and Solution-Focused Therapy. These approaches can help you to focus on your strengths and find solutions.
I work together with clients to help them find their strengths and build resilience.
- Registered and accredited member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP).
- Registered on the BACP Register of Counsellors and Psychotherapists.
- Member of the British Psychological Society (BPS).
- Professional Standards Authority (PSA) UK Registered Counsellor and Psychotherapist.
I follow the codes of ethics and am bound by the complaints procedures of these bodies.
- BSc (Hons) Psychology – Birkbeck College, University of London.
- MSc Counselling Psychology – City University, London.
- Certificate in Humanistic Integrative Counselling – CPPD Counselling School, London.
- Certificate of Proficiency – the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP).
Continuing Professional Development
I keep my skills up-to-date. For example, I have attended the following training courses:
- Adapting CBT for Video Call
- CBT with Dyslexic Clients
- Cognitive Therapy
- Compassion Focused Therapy
- Imagery Rescripting
- Incorporating Strengths to Build Resilience
- Intolerance of Uncertainty
- Low Self-Esteem
- Nutrition and Mental Health
- Schema Therapy
- Sexual Diversity
- Social Anxiety